The High Priestess is the second card in the Major Arcana of the tarot deck. She is often depicted as a woman sitting on a throne, wearing a blue robe and a crescent moon crown. She holds a closed book in her lap, and there is a stream of water flowing at her feet. The High Priestess is a symbol of intuition, mystery, and spiritual wisdom.
Upright meanings of the High Priestess:
- Inner knowing
- Spiritual wisdom
- Hidden knowledge
- Inner work
- The Divine Feminine
When the High Priestess appears upright in a tarot reading, it is often a sign that you are being called to trust your intuition. This is a time to listen to your inner voice and to follow your gut instincts. The High Priestess may also be a sign that you are being given access to hidden knowledge or wisdom. This could be through dreams, meditation, or other forms of spiritual practice.
The High Priestess is also a card of mystery and secrets. When she appears, it is often a sign that there is something you are not seeing or understanding. This could be a hidden truth about yourself, about someone else, or about the world around you. The High Priestess is a reminder to be open to new possibilities and to trust your intuition to guide you.
In a love reading, the High Priestess can indicate a deep and intuitive connection between two people. She may also be a sign of a woman who is wise, mysterious, and spiritually connected. If you are single, the High Priestess may be a sign that you are about to meet a new and special person.
Overall, the High Priestess is a powerful card that can offer guidance and wisdom. When she appears, it is a time to listen to your intuition, to trust your inner knowing, and to open yourself to hidden knowledge and wisdom.
Here are some additional keywords associated with the High Priestess upright:
- Feminine power
- The subconscious mind
- The collective unconscious
- Spiritual enlightenment
The High Priestess Reversed
The High Priestess reversed can indicate a number of things, including:
- Difficulty listening to your intuition. You may be ignoring your gut feelings and instead relying on logic and reason. This can lead to making poor decisions.
- Being influenced by others. You may be more concerned with what others think than with what you know is right for you. This can lead to feeling lost and confused.
- Keeping secrets. You may be keeping secrets from others, or they may be keeping secrets from you. This can create a sense of distrust and isolation.
- Lack of self-confidence. You may be doubting your own abilities and judgment. This can lead to feeling stuck and unable to move forward.
If you are seeing the High Priestess reversed in a reading, it is a sign that you need to take some time for introspection. Get quiet and listen to your inner voice. What is it trying to tell you? Once you have a better understanding of what you need, you can start to make decisions that are aligned with your true self.
Here are some tips for working with the High Priestess reversed:
- Meditate. Meditation is a great way to quiet your mind and connect with your intuition.
- Journal. Journaling can help you to process your thoughts and feelings.
- Spend time in nature. Nature can help you to feel grounded and connected to the divine.
- Seek out wise counsel. Talk to a trusted friend, family member, or therapist.
The High Priestess reversed is a reminder that you have all the wisdom you need within you. Trust your intuition and follow your heart.